Team DJS Antariksh Milestones
- We have secured Overall 3rd Position globally.
- Won the Best Science Planning award among all teams in ERC 2020
- First ever Asian and Indian team to have made it in the Top 3 teams in the history of European Rover Challenge (ERC 2020)
DJS Antariksh is the official rover challenge team of Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi college of Engineering, Mumbai, India. It was founded in January 2020 and ERC 2020 is the first ever competition in which the team participated. It has student members from diverse streams belonging to Second, Third and Final Year of engineering. It focuses primarily on Technology and Innovation. Determined to participate and win National and International rover challenges, team has won its biggest International award and brought laurels to the college.
European Rover Challenge (ERC) is one of the best and prestigious Robotics competitions worldwide. It is the annual international Martian Rover competition attended by teams from around the world. The competition has been organized since 2014 in Poland and is held in the 2nd week of September annually. ERC 2020 was conducted from 11th – 13th September 2020. ERC 2020 was made virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the events were conducted remotely.
The events were as follows:
- Science and Navigation task: The rover in Kielce University, Poland had to be controlled remotely. The rover had to reach 5 waypoints in the MarsYard (simulated Mars environment) and collect evidence for the science mission in a time limit of 40 minutes.
- Maintenance Task: The team had to control a 6-axis robotic arm and actuate a switch panel.
- Presentation Task: The team had to present the overall management approach during the pandemic.